Monday, July 20, 2009

The innocence of discovery

I think I have just witnessed the sweetest and sadest thing I have ever seen. Lanie requested that I set up her pop up tent. I set it up and then she sat in it for a min and then was done. She said she wanted to eat so I got her some little rice cake things. She poured them on the floor. I went in the other room and came back and her and her snacks were gone. I peeked in the tent and saw her sitting there, chewing, legs stretched out and crossed, and her hands over her ears. My heart broke because I was not playing her with her. Was she scared was she sad did she wish I was with her. Then I though that maybe she was just discovering what chewing sounds like. My heart is broke.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...makes me think of the time you fell asleep at your table and chairs. My heart just broke in two. Kiss my Zanie for me and tell her Gams loves her.

    ReplyDelete